September Issues are out--and for those of you not in fashion that means retailers will be gearing up strong with racks full of the latest trends.
Megan and I decided that although we are ready for a new season, we wanted to ease into it slowly--knowing that our notorious "SF Indian Summer" is weeks away.
So, how do you start to embrace Fall without committing to heavy sweaters and tall boots? We set out to strike a balance and merge what we have with a few new fall statement pieces.
I wear my favorite denim all year long... yes, even my white jeans! Navy is one of my favorite colors and I always like to pair it with lighter shades. For this Fall, I am channeling softer fabrics and more feminine silhouettes complemented by masculine jackets.
Fall is my favorite season for color, because I can wear the majority of the shades. Cashmere, velvet, tweed all speak to a crisp and cozy season. To prepare for the shift into fall, I chose a few new key pieces to add to my existing wardrobe that layer well.
Kimberly is wearing:
- Bloomingdale's Cold Shoulder Cashmere Turtleneck - Playing with trend and color this sweater is a wear now enjoy later staple. Perfect for the office with a blazer or casual with jeans.
- GAP Girlfriend Jeans carry-over from summer (similar)
- Leopard Print Flats (similar) -Reintroducing a staple, leopard print is back this fall
- Kate Spade Watch carry-over from summer (similar)
- Rebecca Minkoff MAB Tote carry-over from summer (similar)
Kimberly is wearing:
- Atelier Prelude Cashmere Poncho in Camel -Layers are the champion of SF weather. This poncho is an easy way to add a layer of light warmth and soft texture.
- Vero Moda Fringed Lace Top carry-over from summer
- Joes Honey Bootcut Jeans carry-over from summer
- Dolce Vita Olive Green Booties (similar) carry-over from summer
- Goyard St. Louis PM Bag (similar)
More of our Fall favorites:
A special thanks to Kelsey Johnson, our photographer on site for capturing our story beautifully and keeping things fun between the snaps.