Dressing age appropriate can be a challenge at any stage in life. This is especially true for women over fifty. We often get asked for tips on how to dress stylish and age-appropriate and what brands cater to women over fifty. We decided to put together a guide for fashion over fifty.
5 Quick Tips for Dressing Over Fifty:
- Cultivate Your Personal Style- We think that at any age you should have a sense of what works and what doesn't work for you. Know what makes you feel best, what cuts flatter your body the most and don't let the past dictate how you dress in the present. Our bodies are ever-changing. Honor that and dress to feel your best self.
- Update Your Favorite Items- Even classic pieces need to be replaced over time. If your go-to black trousers are starting to look worn, find a new favorite pair. Refresh you favorite blazer by replacing the buttons or having a seamstress redo the lining in a different color.
- Quality Counts- Buy the best quality that you can afford. Pay attention to fit and how the fabric lays on your body. It's better to have one pair of more expensive trousers that you love than 4 pairs of cheaper ones that you don't.
- Top Trend Pieces- If you live in a cold climate, invest in a signature jacket. If you're in a warmer climate, your handbag should be your signature piece. Scarves are another great way to incorporate a trend.
- Frame Your Face- As women mature, we want to focus on framing the face rather than your body. A pair of long earrings will elongate your neck and draw attention to your face.
4 Must-Have Wardrobe PIeces
- Dark Denim Mid Rise Straight Leg Jeans- Straight leg jeans go perfectly with longer jackets or tunic tops.
Our pick: NYD Denim Marilyn Straight Leg in Peacoat.
2. Fitted Black Jacket- Short, fitted jackets that hit at the waist are great. Layer a longer blouse or colored t-shirt underneath.
Our Pick: Dylan Gray Faux Leather Pocket Black Blazer
3. Tank Tops and Tees- Once you find a brand you like, but them in a range of colors from white to blue and cream. They are great layered under sweater, cardigans and blouses.
Our Pick: Uniqlo Supima Cotton Crew Neck
4. Crisp White Blouse- You can wear this to work, out to dinner or anywhere. It's chic, timeless and comfortable.
Our pick: Blue Illusion Long Sleeve Multi Panel Shirt
We have more tips to share, so stay tuned for more in this series!