White Sneakers Are Everywhere This Fall
White sneakers are a huge part of this Fall' athleisure trend. Megan likes her white leather Keds so much that she just invested in a second pair. Why two pairs? Because keeping white shoes looking new is hard. But fear not, there are a few tricks of the trade that will help you keep your favorite whites clean.
Five Tips to Keep Your White Sneakers Clean
While it's inevitable that your new sneakers will eventually get dirty, if you follow these five tips you will be able to keep them looking like new longer.
- Cleanse with a gentle shampoo- get rid of any oil stains that may have made their way onto your shoes by gently scrubbing with a gentle shampoo, toothbrush and warm water.
- Use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser- Mr. Clean erasers and wipes are a quick and easy way to get stains and spots off your shoes.
- Always store indoors- UV exposure from the sun can lead to fading and staining, so make sure to always store your shoes in a cool, dark place when you aren't wearing them.
- Keep your laces clean- avoid tossing your laces in the washing machine. Instead, hand wash them in warm water with gentle soap and let them air dry.
- Use nail polish to cover scratches- if you see a small scratch or mark on your white sneakers, just apply a small amount of white nail polish to cover it up. Yes it really works!
This Friday we will be sharing our favorite athleisure looks (white sneakers includes) on the blog!