The holidays have come and gone and 2017 is underway. As you've probably noticed, stores are having incredible sales to make way for new spring arrivals.
Navigating Winter Sales
We often get asked what is worth investing in now, versus waiting for the new season. Classic wardrobe staples are what you want to focus on right now. We are talking about the pieces that you can wear next winter regardless of the trend.
What To Invest In Now
Here is our list of items that you definitely want to scoop up during the sales.
- Outerwear- winter jackets and coats are starting to be discounted. Our favorite picks: The Down Puffer, The Classic Wool Dress Coat, Leather Jackets.
- Boots- leather boots and booties are great to scoop up right now. Our Picks: Snow Boots, Tall Riding or OTK Boots.
- Cashmere- cashmere sweaters, gloves and scarves are on sale. These aren't only great for you, but if you're a planner scoop some up as gifts for next year.
- Leather Goods- also a great giftable, leather wallets are great to pick up this time of year.
- Holiday/Formal Wear- have a black tie in your future? Now is the time to purchase gowns, as well as costume jewelry and party shoes.
Pro tip: A good rule of thumb is to NEVER to buy something on sale that you wouldn't pay full price for. Even if it's a good deal, if it doesn't fit right or you don't love it, just say no.
A Few Of Our Favorite Sale Picks
Here are a few of our favorite sale items of the season, all at up to 60% off (WOW!). Click through the pic for more info and act fast because they are selling out quickly.